Position: Full Time
Salary: Competitive, 35 hours per week
Benefits: Excellent, including staff discount
Do you have experience working as a Legal Assistant in a Commercial setting?
Do you thrive in fast paced environments?
Are you available for an immediate start?
In the position you will be part of a small team responsible for promoting the corporate governance policies of the World Duty Free business ensuring that all statutory and contractual obligations of undertakings within the Group are met. You will also be providing support to the Retail Group General Counsel ensuring statutory compliance for company secretarial matters.
- Ideally hold a Law degree or LPC / Legal execs (ILEX) qualification. Qualified company secretary with corporate law experience will be considered
- Experience commercial practice and in-house preferable. Experience in a city law firm or multinational company is an advantage
- Has a good command of UK corporate and Corporate Governance law and regulatory issues
- Knowledge of other languages (specifically spanish/italian) is preferable
- Commercially business and risk aware - able to communicate complex concepts in a clear and concise way
- Strong analytical skills, with good attention to detail
- A proven ability to work effectively within and international diverse environment with the awareness of different cultural nuances.
Day to day duties;
- A key point of contact for all retail stakeholders within UK & North America providing legal support and guidance to the business
- Support the different business divisions within WDFG (including Finance, Internal Audit) with clear, practical, commercial legal and corporate governance guidance on the different issues that may arise in the day to day business
- Provide company secretary support and assist with all relevant company documents and relevant statutory filings
- Manage the corporate database for all contracts and legal documents and maintain manual records and organisation charts of all UK Group companies
- Integral part of the Legal team – supporting with ad hoc queries and project work as required.