Cross Skilled Engineer – Herreschoff Kilns Site, Lee Moor Plympton, Devon, PL7 5JP
Salary: Up to £39,833.88 dependant on experience (inclusive of shift and on-call allowance)
Are you an experienced Engineer with mechanical and electrical experience? If, so, we want to hear from you!
An excellent opportunity has come up at our Herreschoff Kilns site, where you will tackle a variety of tasks; you will provide mechanical and electrical support for our fixed plant equipment, maintain plant availability and carry out plant shutdown tasks at our Lee Moor, Herreschoff and Polarite sites in Devon. You will, after a full site familiarisation period, join a call-out rota for out of hours critical support.
You will be supported by an experienced team, and following your induction and training, be given full autonomy in your role.
What’s in it for you?
Imerys is a successful business which provides its employees with a positive working environment and a range of workplace benefits including:
- Base salary
- Shift allowance
- On call allowance
- Pension scheme
- Life Assurance
- 19 days holiday a year plus bank holidays
- An excellent reward hub giving you savings and discounts on every day purchases
- Health and wellbeing programme
- The opportunity to develop new skills and use a diverse range of equipment
This is a full-time permanent position, working a day shift 6am – 6pm on a 2 week cycle:
Week 1: Mon, Tue, Fri, Sat & Sun (Wed & Thur off) - working 60 hours a week
Week 2: Wed & Thu (Mon, Tue, Fri, Sat & Sun off) - working 24 hours a week
- An experienced mechanical and electrical engineer with an engineering apprenticeship or equivalent Level 3 qualification
- Have a sound understanding of mechanical and electrical maintenance including fixed processing plant - including fans, filters, mills, conveyors, packaging, etc.
- Are able to fault find and resolve mechanical and electrical issues
- Have good communication skills and are a team player
- Are IT literate and preferably have experience in using ERP systems
- A Full UK driving licence
This role does involve working at heights of up to 20 metres using vertical ladders
Imerys is the world leader in mineral-based specialty solutions for industry, with over 16,000 employees and over 200 sites worldwide we are leaders in 80% of our markets. Imerys delivers high value-added, functional solutions to a diversified set of industrial sectors, from processing industries to consumer goods.
Our workplaces are diverse and inclusive and we foster a collaborative work culture which helps us continually drive innovation in our fields.
IMERYS is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, and it is our policy to not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state or local laws.