Job Title: Operations Case Manager
Location: Manchester / Hybrid
Salary: Up to £33,000 per annum
Benefits: 27 days holiday plus bank holidays, the option to buy and sell holidays, hybrid working, company pension, sick pay, life assurance, employee assist program and many more….
An exciting new opportunity has arisen here at Simpson Millar Solicitors!! We are looking to recruit an Operations Case manager within our Personal Injury Department within our Manchester office.
This role will be on a hybrid working arrangement with up to 2 days per week in the office.
As an Operations Case Manager you will be responsible for the operational planning, performance, and day to day workload management of a portfolio of legal cases. You will be working alongside a team of legal specialists and you will influence the operational delivery of our legal services to clients ensuring operational excellence and a consistent delivery in ‘The Simpson Millar Way’.
You will also have responsibility for planning, case cost and duration outcomes, adherence to operational processes and policies and associated key results for your case portfolio as well as being the key interface with centralised operations.
You will be involved in the day-to-day activities including:
- Document the activity and resource plan associated with your cases, identifying and allocating resources to tasks.
- Proactively manage and monitor cases to key milestones and deadlines identifying opportunities to make the delivery more efficient and effective and ultimately improve their profitability.
- You will provide operational insight and overview on your case portfolio working with the teams assigned to your cases to ensure efficient and effective delivery of outcomes in accordance with the key measures.
We are a friendly, dynamic and innovative team and pride ourselves on our dedication to our clients. You will share these values and play an active part in delivering on this commitment.
We are looking for you to have the following attributes:
- Delivery focused and enjoy the opportunity to focus on driving cases forward with high levels of quality and efficiency.
- Ability to see the bigger picture in terms of balancing client outcomes, cost and revenue with commerciality, adapting your approach accordingly.
- Highly organised enabling you to manage high volume and competing priorities , naturally working proactively and with autonomy.
- You will be a tech adopter and enjoy working with data, interpreting management information identifying opportunities for improvement.
- Enjoy collaboration with effective communication skills, delegating where required to utilise the right colleagues with the right skills, at the right time.
- Specific experience of case and/or project/process/resource management within the legal sector or a regulated environment.
- Previous experience of working across teams of multi-disciplinary colleagues.
- The ability to balance empathy and professionalism, dealing with colleagues and key stakeholders with sensitivity, professionalism and competence. You care about people and the way we achieve success.
- Specific experience of having worked in a highly process-oriented environment, and monitoring performance against those processes. You know what ‘good’ looks like and the steps to take to get there.
Ideally you will have:
- Operated as a Fee Earner, Solicitor, Paralegal in the past.
- Project/programme/Bid and/or Six Sigma qualifications and/or experience.
- Experience of having responsibility for monitoring or improving performances against processes in an operational environment.
So why should joining Simpson Millar be of interest to you? You’ll work with industry experts who work on high-profile cases and can help to shape and develop your career, giving you the coaching and mentoring that will allow you to flourish, and your caseload will be interesting and importantly manageable.
At Simpson Millar our Culture is key for us, it drives us and makes us who we are. We’re lawyers who exist to help people with their legal needs today and to improve the way the law works for people in the future. We provide trusted expert legal advice, quickly and clearly, every time.
There is change going on within the legal industry and in our firm too, so we need people who are adaptable to this, who embrace change and see the opportunity. The future of our business is one that is technology and data driven, so we need people who have the mindset and technological expertise to grow with us. But most of all we need team players who will be willing to work with others, but are accountable for their own work, and who want to achieve great results for both our firm and especially our clients.
If you thrive on developing strong, positive working relationships with all colleagues embracing individuals’ skills, expertise and diverse backgrounds then apply now!!!
Diversity and Inclusion: At Simpson Millar we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your previous experience doesn’t align perfectly with every element in the advert, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate for this or for other roles in our firm.