London or Studley
Advertised Salary: Competitive
Six Degrees is a cloud-led managed service provider. We work as a collaborative technology partner to businesses making a digital transformation. It’s a great time to join Six Degrees; we’ve just secured Microsoft Azure Expert MSP status and our business is growing.
Working in close partnership with our clients, as part of a cloud managed service offering, our Flexible Engineering team bring a strong Azure cloud engineering foundation, an innate drive to improve existing systems and processes, the creativity to develop progressive solutions to evolving challenges, and the agility to rapidly deliver. The Azure Technical Lead Consultant sits in the Flexible Engineering team, responsible for working with our clients to support the availability, reliability, resilience, repeatability and scalability of their critical cloud platform services and applications, ensuring they meet client service level objectives, are secure by design and benefit from cloud-native principles.
The Azure Technical Lead Consultant will lead an engineering team in the technical design, governance and delivery of Azure cloud solutions for both new and existing clients. You will work closely with your team, your clients and wider Six Degrees teams, to capture high level requirements in the form of stories and deliver outcomes of product backlogs. The role will be hands-on technical delivery, focused on innovating and automating and as lead you will need to be in regular contact with clients to communicate and overcome technical or design issues.
The role sits within our wider Operational Delivery team and forms part of a dedicated ‘pod’ team, consisting of Azure Tech Lead, Azure engineers and specialist SMEs supporting our clients requiring trusted cloud and agile expertise.
Key Responsibilities for the Azure Technical Lead Consultant:
· Lead the team in providing engineering and operational support across client’s Azure environments
· Understand the client’s business strategy and requirements, work with client to build technical roadmaps and, user stories and clearly articulate immediate priorities
· Build and maintain key client relationships; act as the ‘go to’ technical contact for clients
· Input into agile ceremonies and daily stand-ups as technical lead
· Lead in cloud best practice design, development, platform management, testing & release and capacity planning to provide scalable, reliable and cost-efficient cloud solutions
· Lead engineers to create and release cloud-native systems and services utilising cloud principles i.e. landing zones, infrastructure as code (ARM/ Bicep/ Terraform), automation, CI/CD pipelines and containerisation
· Lead engineers to gather and analyze monitoring metrics to assist in performance tuning, incident response and post-mortem, and to get ahead of client needs by providing ability to continuously innovate and improve
· Be an expert of Azure services and native tooling, and cloud management platforms
· Be able to balance client feature development speed and reliability with achieving service level objectives
Candidates for the Azure Technical Lead Consultant role should have the following experience/qualifications:
This role will be based remotely with occasional visits to the office in either London or Warwickshire.
If this sounds like you, then please click apply and get in touch for more details and an initial conversation.