Clinical Negligence Senior Paralegal – Liverpool, Leeds or Manchester – Competitive salary plus great benefits
We are currently looking to recruit an experienced Clinical Negligence Senior Paralegal to assist the department’s fee-earners progress their caseloads, by undertaking specific tasks to help achieve the department’s financial targets and assist in retention of clients. You will also contribute towards the success of the department in line with the business plan.
As an experienced Clinical Negligence Senior Paralegal, you will be:
We are looking for someone with the following attributes:
- Drafting documents (including correspondence, witness statements)
- Preparation of bundles
- Reviewing documents
- New client enquiries
- File opening process
- All aspects of good file keeping
- Communicating with clients and other parties by phone and in person
- Taking detailed attendance notes
- Attending court
- Billing of files
- Prioritise and manage workload effectively
- Housekeeping on files up to date
- Maintain up to date knowledge of services and procedures
- Meeting deadlines
- Maintaining appropriate case lists and diary of tasks
- Exercising sensitivity when dealing with vulnerable clients
- Managing own caseload as needed
- Meeting/interviewing clients independently
- Prior experience of clinical negligence ( desirable) and injury law cases
- Ability to meet with clients independently
- Ability to send out some correspondence with no or minimal supervision
- Ability to manage and progress own caseload
- Knowledge of Simpson Millar internal systems
- Experience of drafting relevant documents (e.g. pre-action correspondence, statements,)
- Excellent drafting skills
- Excellent client care skills
- Good team player
- Ability to meet deadlines and manage and prioritise work effectively
- Ability to work with vulnerable clients
- Commitment to diversity and equal opportunities
Salary: A competitive salary plus an on target bonus
Benefits: 26 days holiday plus bank holidays, the option to buy and sell holidays, hybrid working, company pension, sick pay, life assurance, employee assist program and many more….
So why should joining Simpson Millar be of interest to you? You’ll work with industry experts who work on high-profile cases and can help to shape and develop your career, giving you the coaching and mentoring that will allow you to flourish, and your caseload will be interesting and importantly manageable.
At Simpson Millar our Culture is key for us, it drives us and makes us who we are. We’re lawyers who exist to help people with their legal needs today and to improve the way the law works for people in the future. We provide trusted expert legal advice, quickly and clearly, every time.
There is change going on within the legal industry and in our firm too, so we need people who are adaptable to this, who embrace change and see the opportunity. The future of our business is one that is technology and data driven, so we need people who have the mindset and technological expertise to grow with us.
But most of all we need team players who will be willing to work with others, but are accountable for their own work, and who want to achieve great results for both our firm and especially our clients.
If this sounds like you then we’d be keen to hear from you. Please send us a copy of your CV and our recruitment team will be in touch.
Diversity and Inclusion: At Simpson Millar we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your previous experience doesn’t align perfectly with every element in the advert, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate for this or for other roles in our firm.