Pilot Plant Technician
Location: Stenalees, Cornwall
Salary: £28k - £32k
Hours: 40h M-F (day shift) there will be the need for occasional shift work.
Want to get involved in a pilot project for the joint venture of British Lithium and Imerys?
As a Pilot Plant Technician, your role is to develop and improve novel process technologies for extracting, refining and purifying lithium from micaceous granites. You will be responsible for the successful execution of scale-up / pilot trials, preparing operating data and contributing to the production of commissioning and operating plans for the British Lithium Project.
You will have a chance to be involved in dialogue with design engineers, and project stakeholders in defining, specifying and de-risking the process technology that will deliver lithium carbonate product to the market.
The joint venture- Imerys and British Lithium: (IBL) is a joint venture between Imerys S.A. and Lithium Assets Ltd., formerly British Lithium, developing a world class micaceous lithium resource in Cornwall. IBL have developed unique, patented technology for the sustainable recovery of battery grade lithium carbonate from micaceous granite, with the goal of building the world’s first integrated lithium mine, beneficiation plant and refinery producing 20,000tpa of lithium carbonate enough to support production in the UK of 350,000 electric vehicles per year.
As a member of the Operations team you will undertaking trials and operating campaigns in the IBL Pilot Plant and being responsible for:
- safe operation of fixed plant and mobile plant,
- contribution to sustaining capital and improvement capital requests,
- logging and recording trial and analytical data, and reporting of the outcomes of operations,
- observing Safe Systems of Work operating procedures, start-up/shut-down procedures, safe work procedures and risk assessments,
- maintenance of fixed plant equipment,
- basic maintenance and calibrations of instrumentation,
- basic modifications to fixed plant and to the process flow,
- coordinating samples for analytical assays, including collecting, labelling, and shipping,
- chemical hazard mitigation in the Pilot Plant area, including updating COSHH records for plant chemicals.
- sample collection, sample preparation, drying, filtration, splitting, crushing, pulverising, pelletising, pXRF testing as required,
- creating and collecting process data to develop robust understandings of mineral and chemical processes,
- concise summation of operational data for transfer into process engineering deliverables for the design of the commercial CAB and LCR plants.
What’s in for you?
Our people are important to us, our workplaces are diverse and inclusive and whilst maintaining the health, safety and environmental standards on site, for yourself and others around you. We’re an organisation with a wealth of career and development opportunities that allow you to tap into your full potential, and we offer a range of company benefits.
As part of a small agile team with a start-up mindset, you will be thriving in a dynamic environment and be motivated to undertake a wide range of types of work, ideally experienced in;
- the scale-up of mineral and chemical process technologies,
- process plant operations and process engineering,
- open to engaging with lean methodologies,
- be able to identify and navigate complexity, overcome hurdles, including engaging constructively with peers, team members, and line management,
- vocational health and safety qualification,
- relevant vocational qualification in fixed plant operations, or equivalent industry experience.
To apply for this opportunity and to join British Lithium/ Imerys, please follow the instructions below or contact; email@example.com for more details.
IMERYS is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, and it is our policy to not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state or local laws.