Experts in timber since 1979, National Timber Systems, part of the National Timber Group are looking to recruit Production Operatives to join the Production site in Brompton-on-Swale, North Yorkshire.
The successful candidate will be an enthusiastic, flexible and a reliable team player with good literacy and numeracy skills. An interest in, or previous experience of basic woodworking would be advantageous although not essential as full training will be given.
Hours of Work:
- Assisting in the assembly of timber components to order requirements
- Picking products for orders
- Loading/unloading vehicles
- Use of equipment, machinery, and plant (after training)
- Completion of basic standard paperwork
(Shift pattern to be determined by direct line manager):
- 37.5 hours per week Mon-Fri – Shifts are 6.00am to 2.00pm or 2.00pm to 10.00pm, on a rotation basis, you will be required to work both.
- 39 hours per week, Mon-Thurs 8.00am to 4.30pm, Fri 8.00am to 3.30pm.
Pay and benefits:
- Competitive salary
- 16.5% shift allowance for 6-2/2-10 shifts only.
- Hourly rate increases available following successful completion of 3-month probationary period
- Further increases available following training to achieve semi-skilled or skilled status
- Overtime paid at 1.5 Monday-Saturday over basic hours and double time for Sundays and Bank Holidays
- Employee Assistance programme
- Access to rewards and benefits platform
Training and Development:
- We will provide on the job training for all of the key aspects of this role, as part of your employment.
- We are always trying to attract employees who will add value to our business and that we can help to develop. So, if you have a desire to learn, and want to progress your career, then we will aim to provide training and development opportunities for you. You will have the potential of earning more than 29% above National Minimum/Living Wage.
- We actively look for people who want to stay and develop with us, and we work hard to provide an environment that helps our employees to progress.
The National Timber Group is an Equal Opportunities Employer.