Would your business development role be easier if you had the DHL brand behind you?
Getting your foot in the door to a potential high-value customer can be challenge, but with the backing of our reputation as one of the world's top freight forwarders and our competitive bespoke solutions, you'll be well-equipped to make an impression and secure success!
Benefits & Perks:
- A market leading annual salary PLUS a generous quarterly sales bonus scheme
- Company car or car allowance
- Private medical healthcare
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Pension scheme - up to 8% employer contribution
- Enhanced maternity/paternity/adoption leave
- Charity and volunteering support through DHL Foundation
This is a full-time, permanent opportunity working Monday to Friday, 9:00am-5.30pm. Your role will involve a combination of fieldwork, including visits to our Birmingham branch and customer offices, as well as the flexibility to work from home, allowing you to create a schedule that suits your needs
What will you be doing?
- Identify and target potential clients requiring freight forwarding services by conducting comprehensive research and formulating effective outreach strategies
- Strive to achieve specific quarterly targets for increasing Gross Profit, Air Freight Kilograms, Ocean Freight Twenty-Foot Equivalent Units (TEU), and Ocean Freight Cubic Meters (CBM)
- Create and develop bespoke solutions for potential customers, confidently presenting these solutions, building value and handling objections
- Maintain and nurture relationships with existing customers to ensure repeat business and form long-term partnerships as well as updating pipelines of opportunities generated from leads
- Take the lead in contract negotiations, effectively closing new deals, and actively participating in the implementation phase while ensuring a smooth transition to branch teams
- Establish collaborative relationships with various departments, including Sales, Air/Ocean Product Management, Branch Operations, Customer Experience, Finance, Procurement, Logistics, and senior management
What experience will you need?
- Business development/sales experience within a freight forwarding environment
- Knowledge of multimodal freight services including air and ocean freight
- Understanding of local markets, industries, contacts, and decision makers within freight and logistics procurement
A full UK driver’s licence is required as this role involves travel across the UK.
CLICK APPLY and Todd from our recruitment team will be in touch. Everyone will receive a response!
Please note: We do not require support from recruitment agencies– Thank you.
DHL Global Forwarding UK is committed to providing equality of opportunity for all employees. Furthermore, we aim to ensure our workplaces are free from discrimination and that not only employees but also our potential future employees are treated fairly and with dignity and respect. We will ensure that equality of opportunity maintains a high profile in our organisation.