Lincat is one of the world's leading names in commercial catering equipment. In short Lincat stands for quality. Allied to our vast experience is an ongoing commitment to customer satisfaction, research and development which has enabled us to deliver high quality products for over 40 years.
We are looking to recruit for an Export Sales Manager who will be responsible for the sales and profit growth of the Lincat and FriFri product range in overseas markets. This will include the development and implementation of the export sales strategy and the training and motivation of Middleby worldwide sales staff and distributors. This role reports into the Managing Director and is supported by two Export Sales Administrators.
Key Areas of Responsibility will include
- Develop, review, gain agreement for and implement the export sales strategy to achieve targeted growth.
- Take responsibility for the sales and profit growth of the Lincat and FriFri product ranges in overseas markets (excluding Ireland) and the achievement of export sales targets.
- Ensure that Middleby Worldwide sales staff are trained and knowledgeable about the product range and capable and motivated to achieve maximum sales within their market.
- Appoint, train and motivate agents and distributors in the territory, ensuring that they are knowledgeable about the product range and capable and motivated to achieve maximum sales within their market.
- Negotiate representation agreements and sales contracts in line with company policy which will fully meet the needs of both the company and the differing circumstances of each distributor.
- Research and evaluate new market opportunities and draw up written proposals to the MD.
- Research and report on business opportunities, market conditions, product development opportunities and competitor activities including a monthly report on activity, achievements, opportunities and points of interest.
- Prepare, plan and undertake overseas travel to maximise opportunities for productive visits and meetings and produce timely visit reports.
- Attend overseas exhibitions in order to keep abreast of market developments and promote the product range.
- Keep CRM records fully up to date at all times including visit reports, contact details, emails and other communications so that the company has an updated view of plans and contact information at all times.
Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills, Experience
- Spoken and written fluency in French and good business and working knowledge of a second European language.
- Skilled in selling through a dealer network and developing relationships with distributors and end users.
- Good written and spoken English, able to compile accurate business correspondence and reports, deliver presentations and conduct business meetings and negotiations.
- Good numeracy skills, able to work with exchange rates, statistics and numerical reports.
- Excellent business acumen, able to spot opportunities, make sound commercial decisions and work in a professional manner at all times.
- The knowledge and ability to build relationships at senior and junior levels within organisations and to understand and react appropriately to cultural differences.
- Excellent time management and planning skills to develop and manage an effective programme of work in line with key responsibilities.
- Sound knowledge of IT systems, particularly Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint and the ability to manage own administration.
- Ability to develop sound working relationships with internal colleagues, especially in administrative, production and engineering roles.
The role is predominantly home based and involves a lot of overseas travel and occasional meetings in Lincoln at Lincat's Head Office.
In return we offer a competitive salary and an excellent benefit package. For more details and to apply for this roles visit our careers site now.