Lincat is one of the world's leading names in commercial catering equipment. In short Lincat stands for quality. Allied to our vast experience is an ongoing commitment to customer satisfaction, research and development which has enabled us to deliver high quality products for over 40 years.
The purpose of this role is to support primarily the Sales Ledger Function but also the Purchase Ledger as and when required.
The key areas of responsibility are:
Processing of invoices
- Sales ledger invoicing on a daily basis. (Approx 1,500 per week).
- Emailing and posting invoices to customer.
- Producing daily sales figures.
- Filing of invoices.
- Inputting invoices onto customers external IT systems.
Processing of customer receipts.
- Preparing daily cheque list and sending to bank.
- Accurately post payments on to cash book and ledger as required.
- Posting of credit card payments to reconcile with invoices
Processing of credit notes
- To input credit notes on to the system.
- Emailing and posting of credit notes to customer.
- Cover any other duties as and when required to assist the smooth and efficient running of the Accounts Department.
Key Skills and Experience
- Sound educational background with an aptitude for working with numbers.
- Computer literate and able to work with accountancy systems.
- Methodical and accurate, able to work through large volumes of data and paperwork in fast, accurate and efficient manner.
- Neat and tidy approach to work, both in terms of manual data entry and recording and in organisation of paperwork.
- Able to work accurately under pressure to achieve deadlines.
- Polite and confident approach, able to communicate with customers/suppliers by telephone and email.
- Previous experience is preferred, being able to use your initiative and have the ability to thrive in a routine but sometimes pressurised environment are essential.
The role is a full-time role working 37.5 hours per week, Monday to Friday.
Holiday restrictions – no holiday to be taken 2 or 3 days either side of the fiscal month end.