Dwell is one of the UK's fastest growing multi-channel brands offering discerning customers contemporary, exclusive in-house designed furniture and a growing range of home accessories. Our aim is to inspire our customers and give them outstanding customer service and fabulous products. We currently operate 10 stores, a website and a mail order catalogue.
We have an exciting opportunity for a QUALITY ASSURANCE MANAGER to join our team at our Distribution Centre in Bedford. The role will require travel to different locations/countries.
As Quality Manager you will be responsible for reducing the level of returned and damaged products by working closely with internal teams and external suppliers and factories to improve product quality and the customer experience.
- A unique opportunity to be part of a fast growing, highly successful entrepreneurial
- 30% discount on group products
- Childcare Vouchers, Cycle Scheme and discounts with numerous retailers
- Enhanced holiday pay
- Training, development and coaching support to help you reach agreed goals
The main responsibilities of the role are:
- Working with suppliers and independent test companies to ensure all products are compliant to the relevant legislation;
- Conduct supplier audits to provide evidence of compliance and conformity;
- Work closely with Far East suppliers and factories ensuring quality standards are met and maintained;
- Devise and establishing quality procedures, standards and specifications;
- Control and maintain electrical conformity & fire safety.
- Provide technical guidance and support to key departments.
- Overview and control dispatch quality inspections;
- Reviewing customer requirements and making sure they are met.
- Working with buying team to establish quality requirements from external suppliers;
- Setting standards for quality as well as health and safety;
- Support and provide technical information for product knowledge and standards training;
- Making sure that manufacturing or production processes meet required standards;
- Looking at ways to reduce waste and increase efficiency;
- Defining quality procedures in conjunction with operating staff;
- Setting up and maintaining controls and documentation procedures;
- Monitoring performance by gathering relevant data and producing statistical reports;
- Making suggestions for changes and improvements and how to implement them;
- Making sure the company is working as effectively as possible to keep up with competitors.
The ideal candidate will have the following skills, attributes and experience:
- Proven experience in a similar role
- Proven experience of working closely with suppliers
- Experience in furniture, fashion or engineering background in a similar role
- Strong organisational and problem solving skills;
- Work cross-functionally and part of a small team
- Able to meet tight deadlines;
- Ability to manage and prioritise a varied workload; and
- A positive " can -do" attitude
- Able to work autonomously and with minimal supervision
- Computer literate - Microsoft Office